Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thoughts

We had the opportunity to spend time with a family that also has a daughter with down syndrome. "The Blanchards" were a delight to spend time with......and their house also happened to swallow our car keys when we spent time with them the other night. It was quite a hilarious experience. Hadassah also managed to puke in their son's bed.....in all of this, they still want to spend time with us again. :) update: still no keys... It shows us that our life is not in order....but does it matter? I have also had the privilege of reading a book called crazy love at the suggestion of Kelly Bergsma. So far, much as been learned from this book, and I wanted to share some verses in Isaiah that God gave Jeremiah and I when we were first married and still sticks out as our theme. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you SPEND yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. " Be praying for us as we seek to know the next step for our family. We have a desire to "go" wherever God calls, and we recently have been under hardship financially, and have some important decisions to make. In all of this, my deepest desire is to live out the book of Isaiah. I ask God to help us to live this way. We live in the land of comfortable lifestyle, and we do not want to become too comfortable. We want to be constantly challenged, to step out in faith, and trust HIM. We have been challenged more than we can imagine through the birth and life of Saraiah as well as running a ministry, and counting on God for every last penny. But, our light and momentary troubles are achieving a glory that far outweighs them all. I remind myself of this today...knowing life is hard. I know that I am not perfect and have made much mistakes and struggle much, but I want to live a life of daily surrender. Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. So Glad you got the book!!!
    I feel your heart in this writing.I was honestly just writing Isaiah 58 on a 3x5 card today to memorize. Yes, to SPEND ourselves jumped out at me. Believe God on this. He has such great amazing things in store for you guys, Hope those keys show up! Love you~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a precious picture, brings tears!
    They seem to have a bond in their gaze at eachother!
    I love this post Ron, and I too want to live a life of TOTAL DAILY SURRENDER! I think we both are learning so much this year about making our own plans for life, and being constantly reminded that we have to daily ask God what HIS plan is for us, following the path day by day...
    you will be victorious Ronni, I just know it. So proud of you...
    Ang

    ReplyDelete