Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I was listening to a sermon last night on 91.3 about hope in suffering. I think many of us on a good day might say that we don't know how one can go through much suffering and stay hopeful. We say things like..."I don't know how they get through that, thank goodness that didn't happen to me" But, as one sitting on the other side of suffering, as stinky as it is, I have to say that it is a blessing in disguise. My faith life is pushed out into the open.....and teaches me dependance. I don't have this down yet. To some it may look like people that are suffering get through it with flying colors, that we seem "strong," But, I have to say that we are weak, and that is why we are strong. I do numb myself at times to what my life really looks like, because if I took long enough to dwell on it, I would probably have a aneurysm. That is why God has slowly been teaching me that thinking on the pure and the lovely things pulls me out of this storm. He gave me a verse...."All the days of the desponding are filled with anxious thoughts and forebodings, but he that has a glad heart has a continual feast" I pray today that no matter the circumstances we are going through that through the tears and the frustration and the reactions, that God can be made strong in us, and make our hearts glad, in spite of the persecution. I believe God day by day, right now....that he Loves us, he wants what is best for us, and he has a purpose for our lives.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Ron,
    I can relate to it a million percent...
    I have a verse similar that has really helped me lately and throughout this whole past year...and I was reminded in my devos again last night that its so true, if we dwell on the bad things it is confirming that God can't move us out of that situation, but when we vocally thank Him for all the good things we DO have it confirms that He is ultimately in control and is FOR us...
    I aim to be this:
    "be joyful in HOPE,
    patient in affliction, and
    faithful in prayer: Romans 12:12
    Love you sis so proud of u

    ReplyDelete