Tuesday, January 18, 2011

She Is Yours-a look back into the first post

As many of you know now, Saraiah Marie was transferred to U of M to be seen by some of the best doctors in the world. What they have concluded after much thought and much prayer is this:

We had prayed that God would make it clear, that HE would heal in whatever way he chooses to heal. We were told by the doctor that there have been no successful surgeries through the 2nd surgery for a downs syndrome with her condition. 3 are needed in the first 2 years of life, and even then, life would be hanging by a thread. It would be a temporary fix.
So, what we have decided to do is to give her up to our Heavenly Father, where she will be perfect and held by the arms of Jesus.

This would not have been the suffering I would have chosen. I would have chosen to have a lifetime to raise this beautiful child, but this is the cup that God has chosen for us. Do we beg him to take it from us? YES! But, is there much learned from it...........more than anyone can imagine. It is in this that we are putting our hope. That many are touched, changed, impacted, inspired, mended, completed..........through suffering. It is only suffering that can do this.

So, I turn to Jesus Christ, the man that gave his life for me. God had to give him up......and so now I give up my daughter to him. In full submission, in thankfulness........that he loves us this much to care about ALL the details of our lives, and cares about all of the people that will RUN TO HIM............because of this trial. I didn't want this to be learned through the death of my child......but God's plan is so much greater than ours. It is a WAY that I may not always be able to understand.

SO......I am thankful now for the little things. For the simpleness of life, for laughs and friendship. And.....I am more appreciative of the greater things.......my husband, children, family, friends. THIS IS LIFE..............To give up our life for those around us. To serve them. To suffer for Jesus. Because he suffered more than I will ever understand.

"God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so we can not see the scope of God's work from beginning to end.
And, I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it, or taken from it. God's purpose in this, is that people should fear him."

Ecclesiastes

Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy...............

Thank you for all of your prayers. Thank you for praying for a miracle. A miracle has been given...........we just need to open our eyes and see it.

We love you and need you all so much.

We will be updating you in the future week....

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would post this!
    Read my mind...
    I remember it like yesterday...
    hang on sista! The Lord isn't finished yet!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete